What are these thin little orange worms?

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
Corals.com
OP
OP
C

colenaylor

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any photos please?
24B886C3-3C7A-41F9-B660-EB6C8963FF18.png
54D97A8A-6483-4287-A2FC-4DE03CB31C23.png

PTXReef

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For some reason my attachments aren’t loading. Can you see the video I replied to you?

Yes I can! Have you ever dipped your coral in anything before (like Revive)? It's a bit hard to see but do all of the worms look connected in a way? I would have guessed spaghetti worms but those are usually on my sand bed.

When in doubt, I usually dip in Revive to get any possible bad hitchhikers off my coral/rocks.

AquaCave Logo Banner

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I believe those are vermetid snails. Break tubes at the base with pliers and discard

OP
OP
C

colenaylor

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I can! Have you ever dipped your coral in anything before (like Revive)? It's a bit hard to see but do all of the worms look connected in a way? I would have guessed spaghetti worms but those are usually on my sand bed.

When in doubt, I usually dip in Revive to get any possible bad hitchhikers off my coral/rocks.
No I haven’t, today was kind of a last minute thing lol. Is it too late to get some tomorrow and do it? I’m leaning more towards spaghetti because of their colour. If they are, I’m not concerned then

PTXReef

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I haven’t, today was kind of a last minute thing lol. Is it too late to get some tomorrow and do it? I’m leaning more towards spaghetti because of their colour. If they are, I’m not concerned then

Never too late, especially if they just hang onto that plug. Most likely they are harmless scavengers but better safe than sorry imo!

Top Shelf Aquatics

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard for me to tell but I have these as a hitchhiker from Australian live rock, they are a spaghetti worm of some sort, never bothered anything. If they are not a bunch of orange strings I have no idea what they are. Coral RX will release them if they bother you that much and want to dip the whole rock. Not worth it IMO.

OP
OP
C

colenaylor

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard for me to tell but I have these as a hitchhiker from Australian live rock, they are a spaghetti worm of some sort, never bothered anything. If they are not a bunch of orange strings I have no idea what they are. Coral RX will release them if they bother you that much and want to dip the whole rock. Not worth it IMO.
You don’t think it’s worth it to dip it? I don’t care as long as they’re harmless

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don’t think it’s worth it to dip it? I don’t care as long as they’re harmless

If they meet my description no I don’t think it’s worth it, that’s my opinion but I like as much diversity as I can get. If you want a clean tank and have all dry rock go ahead and dip it. I added ocean live rock knowing I was getting all sorts of random things, some good, some bad.

OP
OP
C

colenaylor

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they meet my description no I don’t think it’s worth it, that’s my opinion but I like as much diversity as I can get. If you want a clean tank and have all dry rock go ahead and dip it. I added ocean live rock knowing I was getting all sorts of random things, some good, some bad.
Yeah I’m not the type where I have to exterminate everything. I have tons of live rock in mine so things have popped up and I’ve just kept them

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Reef Chasers Aquaculture
Back