What are the sump dimensions of the Coralife 32g Biocube? (I'm planning a DIY project)

Hamming

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See title. The only measurements I can find online are for the whole unit. I know the width is 21.875in and the height is 21.5in. I'm guessing the sump is about 3 1/2 inches deep, but I could use a bit more precision for the idea I had in mind.

Thanks for any help!

For anyone who is curious, I'm hoping to set up a 32g Biocube sometime next year and was planning the aquascape. I was thinking about DIY-ing some floating rock shelves and wanted to put one on the back wall. I'd prefer to use magnets rather than just gluing it on the wall. That would mean I'd have magnets on the wall of the sump.

My main concern with that is I'd like to use the InTank Media and Refugium baskets in the sump. From watching videos, I can tell there's some wiggle room with the baskets and the sump width, but I'm not sure how much. I found some N52 thermoplastic coated magnets online, but they have a thickness of 3/8 in (the InTank baskets are listed as 3 1/8 in sooooo yeah gotta sweat the details in this case). I think there may be enough room (even if it's tight), but it would be nice to confirm.

World Wide Corals

Zach B

North American Noo-Psyche Sales Representative
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Friendly Bump :) I'm sure someone can help with this one. Best of luck!

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

UNLEASH THE FULL POTENTIAL OF YOUR REEF
Back