What am I supposed to do about this smh STOP USING IO SALT RN!!!

BRS

Makubex

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mixed rodi water with instant ocean-purple bag(its for reef and labeled as the best professional salt out there), and right now I need salt but can not wait a week for shipping nor I can pay their ridiculous double spiked up prices, I tested for both rodi water and the saltwater with salifert ammonia test kit and my ammonia reads 2.0!!! STOP using this salt or your fish and corals WILL die within an hour!!!, I know no one tests their new water especially for ammonia but I did for the sake of it(and all the salt I have right now is instant ocean purple brand for 400+ gallons), I tested the rodi water and read 0 ammonia 0 nitrites, etc. What am I supposed to do now tell me!, those acans wont survive even 30'

Nutramar Foods

T-J

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NOT an emergency. You posted about this three weeks ago and were given a number of reasons why you are getting ammonia in your freshly made water.
Too many people use IO salt. If there was an issue, it would be well known pretty quickly.

OP
OP
M

Makubex

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NOT an emergency. You posted about this three weeks ago and were given a number of reasons why you are getting ammonia in your freshly made water.
Too many people use IO salt. If there was an issue, it would be well known pretty quickly.
Is happening again, I did read the answers and none applied as it was just new rodi water and salt what else can it be anyway?, there were no more answers in the end and was just left with a 'yea the manufacters can do that' pretty much

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
M

Makubex

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is happening again, I did read the answers and none applied as it was just new rodi water and salt what else can it be anyway?, there were no more answers in the end and was just left with a 'yea the manufacters can do that' pretty much

Top Shelf Aquatics
AquaCave Logo Banner

DanDman

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
116F018C-CD50-473B-9801-6425EE201EE6.gif

dedragon

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
false positive ammonia result more likely than anything. Have you recently changed your rodi filters? There is more likely something else going on in your tank or mixing station causing these issues. If there was actually a bad batch of salt reefers here would be up in arms

Top Shelf Aquatics

Bucs20fan

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once you dump it in... the new sw would get mixed with the old water, test the new water in your tub or bucket or whatever you use to make your new water you'll see.
I feel for you and the problem you are having, But I have a reef tank full of torches and acros. If my water that I add has 2ppm ammonia my reef is toast.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
false positive ammonia result more likely than anything. Have you recently changed your rodi filters? There is more likely something else going on in your tank or mixing station causing these issues. If there was actually a bad batch of salt reefers here would be up in arms
He uses tap water

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will but salifert has never lied or malfunctioned I even test my water again at 2-3 different lfs and all these times the results were all the same.
Then you have something funky going on in your mixing barrels. I literally just finished dumping a 50g bag out of a 200g box in my barrel. 0 ammonia.

OP
OP
M

Makubex

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well no one tests their new water... we rely 110% on it being non toxic, its rodi water and thats giving me 0s, I will re test but this kit has never ever failed me

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
UNLEASH THE FULL POTENTIAL OF YOUR REEF
Back