What’s the best way to acclimate multiple fish?

BRS

leo12345

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered 5 fish and I’m wondering what’s the best way to acclimate all of them at the same time, one thing to note is that all fish are hardy and don’t need any special acclimation.

The WaterSide Fishing

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally would drip line them depending on the species because if they are tangs they will do just fine with a 20 minute bag float. I just had to acclimate my pet bamboo shark into my 180 gallon after he hatched and I took no cautions and let him drip line for 1 and a half hours.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

leo12345

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally would drip line them depending on the species because if they are tangs they will do just fine with a 20 minute bag float. I just had to acclimate my pet bamboo shark into my 180 gallon after he hatched and I took no cautions and let him drip line for 1 and a half hours.
I only have one drip line that I could maybe spit in two for two lines but that’s all I have

Upvote 0

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered 5 fish and I’m wondering what’s the best way to acclimate all of them at the same time, one thing to note is that all fish are hardy and don’t need any special acclimation.
You say you ordered the fish... Does this mean they are being shipped to you? If so, follow the seller's acclimation instructions as they are often different from the way you'd acclimate something you brought home from the store.
As for the multiple fish, if there's a reason to do a slow acclimation, as long as the bags have the same salinity and pH, you could just combine them and acclimate several fish together.

Are you planning to quarantine?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

leo12345

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You say you ordered the fish... Does this mean they are being shipped to you? If so, follow the seller's acclimation instructions as they are often different from the way you'd acclimate something you brought home from the store.
As for the multiple fish, if there's a reason to do a slow acclimation, as long as the bags have the same salinity and pH, you could just combine them and acclimate several fish together.

Are you planning to quarantine?
Its all on their website, thanks!

Upvote 0

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I understand you right. What I would do is to float the bags for 15-20 minutes. Empty these bags out in a 5 gallons bucket and start your dripping

I usually see fish stores float the bags, put all in one container, drip and release. I'd probably do the same.

It's always best to follow the vendor's acclimation instructions... And take pictures along the way in case the fish doesn't make it; if they have a guarantee, you'll need to prove you did things the way they told you to.

Upvote 0

xiongsy

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's always best to follow the vendor's acclimation instructions... And take pictures along the way in case the fish doesn't make it; if they have a guarantee, you'll need to prove you did things the way they told you to.
That's a good point and I completely agree.

Upvote 0
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Printed Reef - Custom Reef Accessories
Back