Wet side magnet for MP40s

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

SamsReef

Valuable Member
Review score
+4 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+4 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello Ecotech team, I have 2 MP40 ES that has been running for last 8 years. Very impressive.

This week one of them stopped working and when I opened the wet side, the magnet is badly rusted and broken.

I can purchase 2 wet side but don’t want to waste $160 when only the magnet is bad. Can I just purchase the magnet only. Please advise.

Sam

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
8 years is great!!! The ES wetside has been discontinued for a while now. I asked this question about a year ago and was informed that the magnet that is used in the QD wet side is glued to the propeller and balanced for longer life. At that point I stuck my old wetside to my toolbox in the garage and got the new version.

DarkZ

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought 8 ES pumps about 8 years ago, now I have 6 left, these pumps can last a long time. I purchased 4 QD last year during the sale, now I'm running 4 ES on one tank, and 4 QD on the other tank (started a week ago). I think you might like the QD version better, wet side is better built, now I can only hear the pump noise coming from the ES, can't even hear anything on the QD.

ca1ore

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, newer wetside is fully compatible with the older dryside and driver. Although I finally retired my last old style MP40 dryside, it had been spinning a newer wetside for a couple of years.

They are great pumps. Properly cared for, they’ll last a good long while. Two of my MP60s are motors from 2012.

DarkZ

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, newer wetside is fully compatible with the older dryside and driver. Although I finally retired my last old style MP40 dryside, it had been spinning a newer wetside for a couple of years.
Did you happen to notice any noise reduction with the newer wetside and older dry side? I'm deciding if I should just buy all new or just the wet side for backup since my older dry sides are still fine. With the newer complete set, I really can't hear anything. lol

ca1ore

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tend to ‘push’ wetsides, so, yes replacing with a new one always helped with noise. Newer wetside was redesigned to be more like the MP10/60 .... said to be more reliable. I’d imagine Replacing the old white driver with the black QD driver would make a much bigger difference though. I replaced the two drivers on my MP60s and the difference was enormous. I replaced the older MO40 dryside because the rubber grommets had all rotted away. Motor still worked fine though.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back