Well water and RO/DI

SpyC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently moved and am not on well water. I have a brs 4 stage ro/di with water saver. For those on well water, how do configure your ro/di setup? I am thinking I need to add another stage or two or pre filter and another di stage. Do you run any special media due to the well water? Like co2 removal resin or anything like that.

Jolson10

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not special for me. I did start using a triple DI system and saved me a ton on resin.

Buckeye Hydro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of the most common issues with well water are:
  • excessive hardness
  • iron
  • manganese
  • hydrogen sulfide
None of these issues play well with a configuration where you have two RO membranes plumbed in series. We would never suggest such a configuration to anyone without taking a look at their feedwater chemistry.

Adding DI stages may or may not be needed. Do you have high feedwater TDS? Do you have CO2 issues? Remember that neither of these issues is a "given" with well water. The term "well water" tells us absolutely nothing about the water quality - it only tells us where the water is coming from.

Do you know anything about your feedwater? Have you had your well water tested by a lab?

Russ

Last edited:

Trial&Eror

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could anyone recommend a specific unit/brand? I also have hard water and I’m looking to upgrade

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back