Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got some snails around 4 months ago and only recently I had noticed a clam looking thing growing on one of my snails.if anyone knows what it is and how I might be able to keep it alive please tell me because it looks cool. If it is a clam how long would it take to grow as big a a tennis ball?
8EE35E37-2545-471C-A71B-4939DA1BB238.jpeg

Nutramar Foods

ISpeakForTheSeas

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how I might be able to keep it alive please tell me because it looks cool. If it is a clam how long would it take to grow as big a a tennis ball?
To try and keep it alive, I'd offer it a good portion of Isochrysis galbana (T-Iso), Chaetoceros sp., and/or Thalassiosira sp. phytoplankton daily.

For how long it will take to grow: that depends on what species it is. I don't know if it's a clam, but it is definitely some kind of bivalve (bivalves include clams, mussels, oysters, scallops, etc.). Some bivalves (like the giant clams) get absolutely enormous and would probably tennis ball size pretty quickly. Other bivalves, however, stay tiny forever. So, without knowing exactly what species you have, it's impossible to say how long it will to take grow (or if it even will).

OP
OP
E

elijah scot

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To try and keep it alive, I'd offer it a good portion of Isochrysis galbana (T-Iso), Chaetoceros sp., and/or Thalassiosira sp. phytoplankton daily.

For how long it will take to grow: that depends on what species it is. I don't know if it's a clam, but it is definitely some kind of bivalve (bivalves include clams, mussels, oysters, scallops, etc.). Some bivalves (like the giant clams) get absolutely enormous and would probably tennis ball size pretty quickly. Other bivalves, however, stay tiny forever. So, without knowing exactly what species you have, it's impossible to say how long it will to take grow (or if it even will).
Yeah thanks I’ll definitely try my hardest to keep it alive and well and see what it turns out to be

BRS
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
RED SEA
Back