Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed this things on my starfish and I’m wondering if anyone know a what they are. They seem to be a part of the starfish maybe he’s growing back his spikes? I know they can do that. They aren’t melting flesh and they aren’t air bubbles…considering it’s not white and the bubbles are on his little spikes and off white/not coming off when he moves. Thoughts? If it is air bubbles…which I don’t think it is how are they on the smallest spikes lol and he’s moving and they aren’t coming off? @ISpeakForTheSeas @livinlifeinBKK
98C2E7F5-6A3C-4F06-BCF1-0B66FC68A23D.jpeg

CLICK TO VIEW

livinlifeinBKK

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I highly doubt it's anything to worry about...I'd probably suspect it's from respiration of i had to guess...air bubbles that small wouldnt float to the surface immediately...i forget the scientific term for what it's called but think about bubbles certain types of algae produce when you can see them but they stay submerged...just keep an eye on him to make sure it is only air and not a sort of deterioration. I wouldn't be worried though Ayden

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish and starfish lover!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I highly doubt it's anything to worry about...I'd probably suspect it's from respiration of i had to guess...air bubbles that small wouldnt float to the surface immediately...i forget the scientific term for what it's called but think about bubbles certain types of algae produce when you can see them but they stay submerged...just keep an eye on him to make sure it is only air and not a sort of deterioration. I wouldn't be worried though Ayden
Thanks!!

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

UNLEASH THE FULL POTENTIAL OF YOUR REEF
Back