Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good morning and Happy Friday, fellow reefers! As many of us collectively approach the finish line for our respective work weeks, we look forward to the weekend for time to decompress and to focus on the things we love. Sometimes though, that means catching up on the chores we love to hate (i.e. skimmer cup cleaning <yuck!>).

So, I was wondering: what are your weekend reefing plans? Are you going to a frag swap or LFS, taking care of some overdue maintenance (I see you over there with the dirty glass), or do you just plan on relaxing in front of your little slice of the ocean and enjoying the fruits of your labor?

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

C4ctus99

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My weekend starts today cause I have to get some imaging done on my shoulder. Was gonna hang out with the gf but she has to go into work early today (she’s a nanny) so I guess I have a whole day after lunch now…

May finally get around to getting a 10g sump plumbed in to my existing 20g long tank… just gonna have to do a lot of work for it cause I also want to put in a reverse undergavel filter. Probably gonna do a small rip clean of the sand to make certain there isn’t anything anoxic I’m pushing into the water column afterward

OP
OP
Fish Styx

Fish Styx

The Dude Abides
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Setting up a new 25g Lagoon. I had to downsize from a 150g so its a whole new world for me to be able to reach the bottom of the tank without getting my shoulder wet :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
Ugh... wet armpits are like German sausages... they're the worst! Get it? Wurst / worst?! Nevermind, I'll see myself out...

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Fish Styx

Fish Styx

The Dude Abides
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My weekend starts today cause I have to get some imaging done on my shoulder. Was gonna hang out with the gf but she has to go into work early today (she’s a nanny) so I guess I have a whole day after lunch now…

May finally get around to getting a 10g sump plumbed in to my existing 20g long tank… just gonna have to do a lot of work for it cause I also want to put in a reverse undergavel filter. Probably gonna do a small rip clean of the sand to make certain there isn’t anything anoxic I’m pushing into the water column afterward
I hope everything goes smoothly, and you finish in time to relax a bit.

Namaste.

OP
OP
Fish Styx

Fish Styx

The Dude Abides
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A little maintenance and testing.
A little maintenance goes a long way... That about sums up my weekend plans, though I will be introducing a new Ornate Leopard Wrasse to my system later on this afternoon.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Miami Reef

I’m the problem, it’s me
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did my maintenance yesterday. I scraped all the glass, bleach soaked my powerheads, water change, cleaned filter socks and skimmer, and ran ozone.

My tank looks phenomenal now! :)

I need to pick up replacement blades for my scrapers.

Bucs20fan

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Why you gotta call me out about the dirty glass in front of God and everybody"? LOL

This weekends plans: Water change in the reef, only 8 gallons. Clean the glass..... Going sunday to pick up a used 210gallon reef ready aqueon tank. <---That is the fun part.

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
Fish Styx

Fish Styx

The Dude Abides
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I did my maintenance yesterday. I scraped all the glass, bleach soaked my powerheads, water change, cleaned filter socks and skimmer, and ran ozone.

My tank looks phenomenal now! :)

I need to pick up replacement blades for my scrapers.
Awesome! Now you get to relax (hopefully) and enjoy it.

OP
OP
Fish Styx

Fish Styx

The Dude Abides
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
"Why you gotta call me out about the dirty glass in front of God and everybody"? LOL

This weekends plans: Water change in the reef, only 8 gallons. Clean the glass..... Going sunday to pick up a used 210gallon reef ready aqueon tank. <---That is the fun part.
Sweet! I hope to see the build thread for that 210 soon! Also, sorry not sorry for the glass...

ReeferCO

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This weekends plan is to get my tank ready to leave it for 8 days . I have an avast auto feeder to take care of the feeding. I just put up a camera on the tank. I’m going to have a neighbor available in case of emergency and hope not to need them.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Fish Styx

Fish Styx

The Dude Abides
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Time for the good ol glass cleaning and clean out the algae scrubber and run some tests. Hopefully no surprises in that department.
Best Wishes Good Luck GIF by Studios 2016

OP
OP
Fish Styx

Fish Styx

The Dude Abides
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This weekends plan is to get my tank ready to leave it for 8 days . I have an avast auto feeder to take care of the feeding. I just put up a camera on the tank. I’m going to have a neighbor available in case of emergency and hope not to need them.
Sounds like you have a solid plan in place!

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
Fish Styx

Fish Styx

The Dude Abides
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I hope so! I have been doing everything I can think of. I’m still terrified! I hate leaving the tank.
Yeah, same. Sending positive vibes your way, dude.

Namaste.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no actual reefing plans for this weekend. You know why and I really wish it wasn’t the case. So, if it counts, the extent of my reefing this weekend will be occasionally popping on here, giving most a hard time, possibly throwing some suggestions at questions and giving most a hard time.

Speaking of giving most a hard time: that worst comment… oof! It was the worst! I’d tell you not to quit your day job but we both know that’s not possible!

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Inkbird
Back