Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, should I turn my wavemaker at night? I only use it to remove dead spots on the tank so it is pointed down. Will two juvenile clownfish be able to keep up with the flow at night? (I use the return pump for surface agitation)

BRS

Osimno

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my wave maker running 24/7, my corals polyps just close up and my fish that don't actively swim at night find shelter in a cave, my two clowns who are still reasonably small have no problems swimming around the tank at night. even though there are spots they could go to escape some of the current they choose not to

ying yang

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I leave mine running same 24/ 7 .
I have got option on mine that turn flow down at night but dont use it as want flow all time,when built my aquascape i made caves and even little rat runs through the aquascape mainly so cuc members can get in and around and clean all areas hopefully but also small fish sleeping quarters and caves for bigger fish and all my fish go in the rocks or sand at night except my 2 clownfish that go to top corner of tank ao basically they will find a low flow area themselves and rest there at night imo

AquaCave Logo Banner
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Pirates Reef Corals
Back