Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone with a waterbox out there modified your overflow setup at all?
I’m convinced it’s impossible to get this thing silent if you push any kind of flow through it. The design is flawed.
The emergency drain is way too low below the weir teeth so you are constantly in the zone of either water crashing down into the box from the weir teeth or water falling down the emergency drain.
If one was never running any kind of power heads or wavemakers this design might work but it just can’t handle any kind of variance in flow entering the overflow.

If I run my return pump super low I can get it quiet as long as I don’t make alot of surface agitation.

What I’m thinking of doing is removing one side of the dual return so I can raise the emergency drain 1/2-3/4 of an inch. I believe this should allow me to really silence the overflow box and not have to worry about how much flow I’m pushing.

But I am worried removing one of the outlets is really going to hinder my output from the return pump? thoughts? Could more then likely just increase wattage to the return to make up the difference.

World Wide Corals

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1685052804538.png

AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Neptune
Back