+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
Been awhile since I’ve been in here, which is a good thing because I tend to come here when I have issues. Lol.
I have an apex, cor20 pump and a Tunze ato. When I feed, my feed control has my cor20 going down to 1%, ato and skimmer turn off.

After 15 minutes the cor 20 turns back on, and Tunze ato and skimmer have a 5 minute delay. However, my water level in my return chamber gets sucked down to almost nothing and the pump starts taking air. The Tunze then turns on, starts filling top off water because the return chamber is low. After about 15 minutes, the drain/sump “catches up”, water now goes above the Tunze float switch and now I have to much water. So two issues: 1) I have Kalk in my ato, so it causes my ph to swing high. 2) now I have too much water.
What would be causing this “catch up” issue? I run two drains, one is my main and the other is emergency.
Any tips are appreciated. Thanks.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like its possibly your cor pump controller.

If it doesnt return to the exact setting it was at before feedmode and goes just a bit higher in GPM without you adjusting your overflow, this could happen.

Try to just turn it off completely with the skimmer and ato.

Then turn it back on first before your skimmer, then turn on the skimmer then ATO.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or just increase the delay to 10 mins instead of 5? Maybe things will have reached equilibrium by then.
Possibly the issue.
He didnt say weather the water level was still low or possibly rising VERY slowly from the ramp up of DC pumps when the 5 min timer runs out and the skimmer and ATO come on.

Dburr1014

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sound like to me the area where your pump is in is small. What happens is it sucks all the water out and by the time it gets into your tank and down to the plumbing again you have no water in your return area. You might have to install and check valve on the drain

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
tanksoftwiddy

tanksoftwiddy

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the replies. Turns out something was jammed in my main drain and I think it was hung up in the gate valve causing the emergency drain to be the only drain running. Once I unblocked it and adjusted my gate valve everything was good. Sometimes I am an idiot.

AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Corals.com
Back