Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all I have a question about water flow. I currently have a 125 gal rimmed tank started to add about 30 frags to the tank mostly sps (I know they like a lot of flow). I have 2 ice cap 4k gyre one mounted vertically pushing water across the back of the aquascape the other at the opposite end horizontal pushing water across the top of tank. I also have 2 hydro koralia pumps on opposite ends going across the front of the tank. I find myself still having to blow stuff off my acro frags. Should I add more flow on the back of the tank or try repositioning my existing pumps? If I add more flow on the back how big should I go (pump size)

World Wide Corals

T-J

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 125g tank as well. Two MP40's across from each other does a great job. Your scape is going to have a big impact on your flow.
I'm curious what you're blowing off of your acros. Even in the "low flow" areas of my tank, nothing is settling on any of the corals.

OP
OP

302jae

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 125g tank as well. Two MP40's across from each other does a great job. Your scape is going to have a big impact on your flow.
I'm curious what you're blowing off of your acros. Even in the "low flow" areas of my tank, nothing is settling on any of the corals.
I think I'm having a small cyano outbreak my sps is getting bits of algae on them as well as my hammers. I figured if that could settle on them then they may not be getting enough flow. I'm looking into those mp40's as we speak maybe I'll do away with the gyre pumps and invest in mp40's. Or possibly just turn both gyre pumps vertical to keep flow going around the sides and back and add mo40's for top flow. Any thoughts??

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
GHL Advanced Technology
Back