Water changing while trying to raise nutrients

reef’r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey so recently I made a bit of a mistake and dropped my nutrients down into the single digits, I want them to be in the 15-20 range. I usually do water changes on Thursday and so this week I skipped, but it’s killing me a little inside lol has anyone continued a normal water change schedule when trying to raise nutrients? I’ve always just held off until numbers got back in line

NonstopSoda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when im trying to keep No3 at the range I like I just test and re dose after a water change. I recommend neo phos and neo nitro depending on which nutrient you want to raise.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey so recently I made a bit of a mistake and dropped my nutrients down into the single digits, I want them to be in the 15-20 range. I usually do water changes on Thursday and so this week I skipped, but it’s killing me a little inside lol has anyone continued a normal water change schedule when trying to raise nutrients? I’ve always just held off until numbers got back in line

How big of water changes do you do? Most changes aren’t a big effect in nutrients.

OP
OP
R

reef’r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when im trying to keep No3 at the range I like I just test and re dose after a water change. I recommend neo phos and neo nitro depending on which nutrient you want to raise.
How big of water changes do you do? Most changes aren’t a big effect in nutrients.
I suppose when I think about it, if I’m at 5-10ppm n03 and I do a my normal water change I’d only be dropping the n03 level by less than 1ppm correct?

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back