+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I am hoping some of you can share some tips on doing water changes. I have a 150G DT, and am trying to figure out the best way to know when I have taken out 15 Gallons, or 30 gallons, so I know when I have taken out 10-20% respectively.

I was thinking of just filling up a 5 gallon bucket 3 times and placing that water in a larger container and marking the line it fills up to, but was wondering if there are any other tips out there to help with water changes to make sure I am taking out an accurate amount of water and can replace it with the same amount.

Thanks!

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I am hoping some of you can share some tips on doing water changes. I have a 150G DT, and am trying to figure out the best way to know when I have taken out 15 Gallons, or 30 gallons, so I know when I have taken out 10-20% respectively.

I was thinking of just filling up a 5 gallon bucket 3 times and placing that water in a larger container and marking the line it fills up to, but was wondering if there are any other tips out there to help with water changes to make sure I am taking out an accurate amount of water and can replace it with the same amount.

Thanks!

That’s exactly what I did with my Brute cans.

CLICK TO VIEW

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

Thanks!

Read my build thread. I got a nice set up. I set it for 20% WC and a 40% . I wish I set it up for only a 10% and top 20%.

Calpoly2103

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a 5 gallon jug and a brute container. Marked 5 gallon increments on the brute container using the jub. Then i got a 1 gallon jug, and marked 1 gallon increments between the 5 and 15 marks because those will be my most used amounts.

One thing I learned though, when I pump from the brute into my display, there is always about 1/3 to 1/2 gallon left on the bottom that the pump can't catch at the end because of the shape of the bottom of the brute.

Edit: I also have a 2nd brute container with the same markings for taking water out of the tank, this way i know how much goes out, and how much goes in. I don't mix the brute two containers, one for water in, one for water out.

Nutramar Foods

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
WWW.ANIMATEDCORALS.COM
Back