Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
has anyone else have experienced this? i've done a water change, first in many few months, all my zoas seem to close up and shrunk. before everything was thriving. this isn't just happening to one colony but all the zoa colonies... while I was turkey basting some of the rocks, some of my eagle eyes zoas just floated off the rock. any idea what might be happening? only recent change i've done is add some kent ph buffer after water change. all parameters are good.

Last edited:
Nutramar Foods

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It can happen, just the influx of fresh saltwater and old mixing and the parameters being influx for a bit. Did you let the water mix for 24hrs? I never used to but I have found that after letting it mix for 24 hrs I don't get stuff closing up like I used to......I don't do it every time but usually.

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
Kigs!

Kigs!

zoa santa
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I let it sit 24 hours, but accidentally, because I couldn't get the salinity right the first time, so it had to wait a lil untill I added some more RO water to get it right. The salt's been always the same; instant ocean.

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't worry about it unless they stay closed for to long, like days or something other wise I would have to say just the difference between the fresh and the old mixing and parameters being a little different.....

OP
OP
Kigs!

Kigs!

zoa santa
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'll wait it out and see what happens. after closer inspection, some of the zoas have developed this transparent tube, and seems squeezed. hopefully it's nothing. for some weird reason, only happening to old colonies, recently acquired ones are doing fine.

Nutramar Foods

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back