Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just got home today to find that my fairy wrasse had died but this isn't what my question is about. Should I now do a water change to avoid an ammonia spike? I removed what was left of the carcass but it looked like my snails and crabs had been eating it for a few hours maybe. I did a water change yesterday so I don't want to do another one too quick if its not necessary. Any thoughts based on the situation?

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just got home today to find that my fairy wrasse had died but this isn't what my question is about. Should I now do a water change to avoid an ammonia spike? I removed what was left of the carcass but it looked like my snails and crabs had been eating it for a few hours maybe. I did a water change yesterday so I don't want to do another one too quick if it’s not necessary. Any thoughts based on the situation?
It would depend on the size of the tank .
and have you done tests to confirm high ammonia ?

ideally a cycled tank should process the ammonia and most likely has already processed it and you will not be able to test any increase .

OP
OP
S

samrggzy

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would depend on the size of the tank .
and have you done tests to confirm high ammonia ?

ideally a cycled tank should process the ammonia and most likely has already processed it and you will not be able to test any increase .
I have a 32 gallon and no I haven't tested ammonia yet I just found the dead fish about an hour ago,

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 32 gallon and no I haven't tested ammonia yet I just found the dead fish about an hour ago,
A test is easy if you want to.
If you’re not over stocked with fish , and the tank is cycled . I would bet you should have zero ammonia ( api will show .25 which is false

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back