Water box or evo? What’s your experience?

BRS

Lineatus

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be moving flats next week and with that must come the (small) essential tank upgrade. I’m current torn between the water box peninsula 15 and the fluval evo.

I prefer the build quality of the water box but the dimensions of the evo. What have your experiences with these tanks been like? Which one would you pick?

Also how do you fit atos in these tanks? I currently own a clunky float switch ATO, and I’m not sure how id attach it to these tanks without it either looking ugly, or by lowering the water line. Perhaps I should look into a gravity fed one?

OP
OP
Lineatus

Lineatus

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its like comparing a Corvette to Camaro. The glass on the WB is of higher quailty along with the workmanship
Ye, that’s what I’m thinking. I’ve always been a fan of tanks with ’shallower’ dimensions, but the quality of the WB just seems miles ahead.

Unfortunately, my questions seems to have been answered for me. The WB just went out of stock in the UK today and no LFSs have them in stock in Scotland for what I can see. Oh well, I guess I can hope they come back in stock soon, but I dont see that being likely.

AS

doubleshot00

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its like comparing a Corvette to Camaro. The glass on the WB is of higher quailty along with the workmanship
Well said. I have a waterbox 20. Sold my Fluval 13.5 for the waterbox. No comparison imo. More like a v6 camaro vs a zo6 vette :squinting-face-with-tongue:

OP
OP
Lineatus

Lineatus

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well said. I have a waterbox 20. Sold my Fluval 13.5 for the waterbox. No comparison imo. More like a v6 camaro vs a zo6 vette :squinting-face-with-tongue:
Well dang, I should’ve spent more time adding the WB to my cart and less time posting on here. They sold the last one like 25 minutes ago.

ahaha very unfortunate

doubleshot00

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS

Subliminal

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bah, its a few pieces of glass and some plastic panels. The real prize is what you put inside. I'd go evo...as a matter of fact, I went evo. For your question about the ATO, here is my ATO float switch in my evo:

IMG_3850.jpg

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back