Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sad day today - lost my Yellow Watchman Goby. He’s been acting weird lately. Typically, he’d hang close to his Tiger Pistol Shrimp buddy and their lair. Last few days, I’d find him clear across the tank in the mornings in the bottom corner. Today he was hanging out near top of tank near wave maker.

Sitting here watching TV tonight and the dog is sniffing near the tank. I look and see something on the floor and it’s the goby all dried up!

I have a custom tight fitting lid - no way he could’ve jumped out of one of the small cable cutouts. I don’t recall, but may have had the lid off today for a bit to remove a floating hunk of Nori.

At any rate, any idea why his behavior may have changed recently? Parameters fairly stable, though just changed from manual dosing once per day of All For Reef and NeoPhos to automated spread out through the day.

Top Shelf Aquatics

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sad day today - lost my Yellow Watchman Goby. He’s been acting weird lately. Typically, he’d hang close to his Tiger Pistol Shrimp buddy and their lair. Last few days, I’d find him clear across the tank in the mornings in the bottom corner. Today he was hanging out near top of tank near wave maker.

Sitting here watching TV tonight and the dog is sniffing near the tank. I look and see something on the floor and it’s the goby all dried up!

I have a custom tight fitting lid - no way he could’ve jumped out of one of the small cable cutouts. I don’t recall, but may have had the lid off today for a bit to remove a floating hunk of Nori.

At any rate, any idea why his behavior may have changed recently? Parameters fairly stable, though just changed from manual dosing once per day of All For Reef and NeoPhos to automated spread out through the day.
What other fish are in the tank?

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
Avast
Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
TCK Corals
Back