Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one with a bellus in my 120. They do great together.
15011.jpeg

jda

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They do fine alone, but also well in pairs or groups. I would get smaller females since they are not usually as picked over. These are deepwater fish, need to be decompressed correctly and command a premium price. Often the best larger males go to Japan or China and only the less hardy ones seem to make it to the US. If you see one that is not swimming well, then walk away.

World Wide Corals
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Janet Belanger

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have just one and she rules the roost! She's so personable, spits water at me, and does some 'sharking' and zipping around (skimming the top of the water) when she's super stokked to see me (i.e. anytime I walk by the tank and there's a chance she'll be fed).

Ultimately, I concur with the issues with acclimating them in this thread, I tried a couple and they both got fast moving bacterial infections while in QT. I gave up because I don't want to encourage collection of fish that don't fare well in captivity. I gave up, until the LFS made me an offer I couldn't refuse. They offered me a super deal and asked me to come get one that had been in store for a few months. She's been with me for nearly 4 years now.

Top Shelf Aquatics
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Torch SALE
Back