Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I am new to the hobby. I have been in the freshwater hobby for about 3 years now and I want to get into the reef hobby. I am wanting to set up a 10 gallon nano reef tank. Are there any suggestions for all the equipment for the tank. Kinda on a budget. Thanks for the help.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Rp8

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome Aboard!

Depending on what type of freshwater tank, lights, and filters you had before you might be able to reuse some of the equipment. Reef tanks need quality light, flow and good filtration. try to find some used equipment( craigslist FB marketplace etc) This is a great site to browse for knowledge

welcome aboard gif.gif

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here are a couple things to hopefully help you out!!

First are some real cheap equipment pieces that I ran as a pico reef! I also made it into my QT set up a good thing to know in the hobby..

Secondly... here is something I would recommend to any new reefer! Hope you enjoy my channel! Welcome to the hobby!

World Wide Corals
Top Shelf Aquatics

Pistondog

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I am new to the hobby. I have been in the freshwater hobby for about 3 years now and I want to get into the reef hobby. I am wanting to set up a 10 gallon nano reef tank. Are there any suggestions for all the equipment for the tank. Kinda on a budget. Thanks for the help.
Welcome chipmunk,
Many in your shoes.
Whats your budget?
We have a couple of marinecube 10.9s, $130

OP
OP
C

ChipmunkReef

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My budget is around 950 once I get Christmas and birthday money. I am looking to have a reef glass skimmer and have marine pure block supplemented with algae barns 5280 copepods. I made a list of stuff and it was around 928 so I would be willing to maybe go to 1k if the conditions are right. The tank needs to be compatible with a media basket because I don’t want a filter sock because they are a lot of work plus I am going to have copepods and they will die in a filter sock. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
UniqueCorals.com shop rare & farmed corls
Back