Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just to clarify things. that pic isn't over exposed at all. the coral was propped on a eggcrate (so i didn't have to zoom) under the halide. the coral is as bright as the photo under halides. the tentacles are bright like a highlighter with the center a dark and light blue w/ a yellow mouth.
i feel the price is fair considering my collector said that is a pretty rare morph. can you say you've have you seen this color morph out there before? this isn't the $600 per polyp orange people eater that might be a RPE under a bunch of light to bring out the orange.
i've only handed out a few polyps to a handful of close friends that are local. mr. ugly got a few polyps yesterday at the frag swap and few others that don't frequent the chat boards.

here is a photo of the colony that hasn't been cropped to size for my website.
electricbluedaisys.jpg

twon8

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have seen something very similiar, though they didn't have as yellow of skirts. how long have you had them? it is possible the yellow will turn to green over time. they all seem to have their mouths open, which is not good imo, so perhaps they are still recovering from shipping stress.

and overexposed is when too much light is let past the shutter and highlights are "blown out", losing distinction, which is exactly what i see in the top right. im not saying you photoshopped, but too much light did get into the camera.

Nutramar Foods

Mr. Ugly

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a pic of the palys I got from Sam yesterday. Sitting in a plastic breeder basket right now. Just moved them a bit to get a pic.

DSCN1455.jpg

I have some zoas around here somewhere that have a similar appearance. Sam's palys have more blue, and the yellow is more fluorescent though.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   1
Wow those are even more nice seeing the overtop right on pic. I wish I could afford a frag for sure....but...nada... :(

revhtree

Owner Administrator
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   1
Wish I could score.....LOL! Excuse me I have to go spend time with my wife now.

Nutramar Foods

BudweiserSelect

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a pic of the palys I got from Sam yesterday. Sitting in a plastic breeder basket right now. Just moved them a bit to get a pic.

DSCN1455.jpg

I have some zoas around here somewhere that have a similar appearance. Sam's palys have more blue, and the yellow is more fluorescent though.
OK thats a way better pic..the ones i've seen don't look a thing like those......great score

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Aquatic Life TDS Pen Offer
Back