Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently bought a used Ecotech Vortech MP10wqd (an upgraded w, with wifi Mobius module too). The thing is that the 3 buttons on the driver/controller do not work. I was able to connect it to Mobius App, update it and program it. It works well, the only issue is that the buttons do not work. There is a setting in the app to enable/disable the hardware buttons, I already tried that. I can't even do the hard reset.

Otherwise it is working fine and I have had no need for the hardware buttons.

Any thoughts? Anyone had this issue and was able to fix it? Any other cons of not having working buttons?

AS

C_AWOL

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you try unplugging it and plugging it back in and then reset the mobius app? Thats what I had to do with my mp40s that I linked to mobius. I simply stopped linking them to it now and just use the physical controller so I dont have to deal with the app

OP
OP
Rimsky

Rimsky

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think my case is just the opposite. In my case, the Mobius App is working great and it is basically what allows me to use the MP10. The physical buttons do not work. None of them work. Can’t even do a hardware reset. I think there is a hardware damage in the board, there are signs of white rust in some solder points. Otherwise it is working great with the App.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

C_AWOL

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the buttons never worked to begin with (something I missed) and not post pairing to mobius then its possible that it wasn't working to begin with.

Was the W on the controller white or blue before you paired it yourself? If it was already blue then it kept the previous owners mobius setting for some reason (my guess) and thats why it locked the physical controller out.

OP
OP
Rimsky

Rimsky

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. The buttons did not work to begin with. The W was ON. I could not hard reset the unit (since the buttons did not work). I downloaded Mobius App. It detected the MP10 as a Legacy Device. I performed all the Updates (took about an hour I think). Then the MP10 was recognized as a Mobius Ready device (MP10wqd) and has been working great, all from within the Mobius App. Buttons not not work even if I Enable the Local Control in Mobius App ("Enable the use of the buttons on the device"). So my conclusion is that the buttons are definitely not working. I tested the buttons themselves with my multimeter and they are good. It must be something "damaged" on the board itself.

AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back