Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using the cor 20 in real world application for several months. It replaced a mag drive 24 AC pump for my basement sump application. It's not only ridiculously quiet, but surprisingly it's only running at 70%. Like Terence said, plumbing diameter makes such a difference. It's a great pump, only takes a minutes to figure it out, and I'm glad it's hitting the market.

Nutramar Foods
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

deaniscool

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using the cor 20 in real world application for several months. It replaced a mag drive 24 AC pump for my basement sump application. It's not only ridiculously quiet, but surprisingly it's only running at 70%. Like Terence said, plumbing diameter makes such a difference. It's a great pump, only takes a minutes to figure it out, and I'm glad it's hitting the market.

This will probably sound stupid, but basically smaller diameter pipe = more pressure but less flow (better for distance?), wider diameter, just the opposite?

OP
OP
Terence

Terence

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Except that the limiting factor is that the pump must be able to have the PSI to push the water through the constricted pipe. Larger diameter pipes are almost universally better. Again, think about it this way, would you rather drink a milkshake through a 10' 1/2" pipe or a coffee stirrer of the same length? Of course there is theoretically an amount of work that can be performed to get the same flow rate between the two diameters, but clearly one will be far easier.

deaniscool

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Except that the limiting factor is that the pump must be able to have the PSI to push the water through the constricted pipe. Larger diameter pipes are almost universally better. Again, think about it this way, would you rather drink a milkshake through a 10' 1/2" pipe or a coffee stirrer of the same length? Of course there is theoretically an amount of work that can be performed to get the same flow rate between the two diameters, but clearly one will be far easier.

Thank you for dumbing it down for me :)! I ordered mine the day they came out, can’t wait to start hard plumbing my RS250! You made my decision to go with 1” pipe instead of 3/4” now.

Avast
AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back