+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I am at the 6 week mark of dosing vibrant for bubble algae and it has done a great job. Enjoying less buildup on the glass for sure and BA is almost gone.

I had my chaeto in a separate tank and have read about it could be better to start with fresh chaeto to prevent reintroduction potentially so considering that as well.

2 questions:

1. How long after I stop dosing vibrant can I reintroduce the chaeto to the tank?
2. If I wanted to continue dosing vibrant less than once a week is there a dosing schedule that would not wipe out the chaeto? Like could dosing it once every 3-4 weeks or a 1/2 dose every 2 weeks not wipe out my chaeto in the future? Curious if anyone has found a happy medium where you continue to use it without losing chaeto but still getting the benefits of it for general tank maintenance.

MnFish1

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. How long after I stop dosing vibrant can I reintroduce the chaeto to the tank?
Part of this depends on what you believe is in Vibrant. I would personally wait a month. You could also contact the company support to help with this question
2. If I wanted to continue dosing vibrant less than once a week is there a dosing schedule that would not wipe out the chaeto? Like could dosing it once every 3-4 weeks or a 1/2 dose every 2 weeks not wipe out my chaeto in the future? Curious if anyone has found a happy medium where you continue to use it without losing chaeto but still getting the benefits of it for general tank maintenance.
I would not does it with Chaeto - but - again - perhaps The best source might be the company itself?

@UWC

Top Shelf Aquatics
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
SaltwaterAquarium.com
Back