Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had this fish for about six months I bought it miss priced and miss labeled from the national chain, right away I noticed it has a severe swim bladder infection I treated it with three different types of medicine focus, metroplex, and kanoplex. It’s in a 75 gallon quarantine tank with a few other tank mates that are healthy the emperor has severe shaking and bloat it will eat everything all the time pellets krill clams mussels flakes and pellets is there anyway to get the bladder or the infection reduced? Air bladder

D8850E5A-90AF-4BF9-95C2-87C2F9195285.png CBA2D5BD-663E-423D-9516-3CD368F509E0.png

Top Shelf Aquatics

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I’ve had this fish for about six months I bought it miss priced and miss labeled from the national chain, right away I noticed it has a severe swim bladder infection I treated it with three different types of medicine focus, metroplex, and kanoplex. It’s in a 75 gallon quarantine tank with a few other tank mates that are healthy the emperor has severe shaking and bloat it will eat everything all the time pellets krill clams mussels flakes and pellets is there anyway to get the bladder or the infection reduced? Air bladder

View attachment 2889424 View attachment 2889425
Could really use more than a side view but understand your concern is the buldge on its side. It appears to be constipation and unlike that of humans, can be a tumor in digestive system or eating something it cannot pass causing intestinal blockage. Often though its an inner tumor and can be treatable. I do not scales protuding which is good. My hopes were swim bladder.
I feed very little pellets due to these risks.
Assuming fish is eating, you can try spirulina or regular brine shrimp which acts as a laxative and DO add Seachem Metrople to the foods which will help address this. With Metro, add a very tiny amount as .5gm weight is all that is required per feeding
Is bladder issue possible, yes but the size is the concern
@Jay Hemdal

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
TTTony

TTTony

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your reply I’m assuming you meant metroplex which I’ve already added to his food but I will continue again, it’s not just the swim bladder it’s the constant surging forward and backward I will post a video tomorrow. The fish is constantly hungry eating everything I put in the tank, and prefers krill and full sheets of Nori

here
61C36452-2670-4BD9-BE11-0C2A7060ECC5.png
are a few other photographs but it does not show the intensity of the bulge which I would say is like a ping-pong ball and a 5 inch fish.

I’m not sure if you’re saying a tumor is treatable or a swim bladder is the better diagnosis? Really has surging swimming technique

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

View attachment 2889424 View attachment 2889425

Is the bulge equal sized on the left and the right side? The pictures only show the right side view.

A bulge like that has three most likely causes; air bladder over-inflation, gas in the gut or a tumor/abscess. These can be tough to tell apart, but gas in the gut is lower on the body, air bladder issues are higher up and tumors are often to one side or the other.

Jay

Avast

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to reach humblefish humble fish
Hi,

Humblefish is no longer active on this forum. I took over as forum moderator a couple of years ago.

I never heard back from you regarding my question on Sunday about the location of the bulge. In addition, can you post a short video? That helps determine if the issue is swim bladder, gas in the gut or a solid mass.

Thanks,

Jay

OP
OP
TTTony

TTTony

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the bulge equal sized on the left and the right side? The pictures only show the right side view.

A bulge like that has three most likely causes; air bladder over-inflation, gas in the gut or a tumor/abscess. These can be tough to tell apart, but gas in the gut is lower on the body, air bladder issues are higher up and tumors are often to one side or the other.

Jay
Is a four second video too long ? somehow it will not upload

CLICK TO VIEW

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back