Versia Return pumps - opinions needed ASAP please

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

BeanAnimal

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI -

Looking to replace aging ReefLo Dart return pump with something a bit quieter.

I have considered the Nautilus 3200 from reefbreeders. It has 0-10v so I could control it with the P4. $300 each, but very little real world durability reviews. Cheap power brick, typical import pump.

The lower cost Red Dragons are just rebadged China pumps, albiet with maybe a better power supply and controller. The pumps are close to $1000 and The GHL interface will be another $400 or whatever. Not really interested in spending $2500 for two return pumps to replace the $500 dart.

Jebao - no 0-10v control so that is kinda of a non-starter other than plugging them into a powerbar and and least getting soft start.

The leads me to the Versia. No reviews yet.

How quiet? How much vibration?
Will the need frequent cleaning (external is a PITA and mess to remove for cleaning).
Will they calcify quickly, etc.
What is shaft/impeller life, etc.

Anybody have these yet that can offer ANY insight?

OP
OP
B

BeanAnimal

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty sure only the older red dragon pumps need an interface for GHL. Mine just use a cable.
Nonetheless -

I can't find information differentiating their RD3 and RD5 (eco) pumps but both are more than I wish to spend if the Versia is at all comparable in noise, maintenance, etc.

Lasse

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look for reviews of this pump. The Syncra SDC 6.0 wiFi is more or less the same pump as Versia flow 6.0 However the Versia type have its own electronics in the Versia controller and no WiFi

I have considered the Nautilus 3200 from reefbreeders. It has 0-10v so I could control it with the P4. $300 each, but very little real world durability reviews. Cheap power brick, typical import pump.
FYI - Reef Breeders also have the Coral Box DCA serie (a spin off from Jebao DCA serie) and they are also compatible with 1-10V - the same apex cable as for the Natilus . I have run Coralbox 2000 (Both wit skimmer impeller and normal impeller) and 4000 for many years. Never clean them but they just run and run.

Sincerely Lasse

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Gluemasters - your best choice for CA super glue
Back