+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
y'all,

I am a little hesitant to put the fish back into the main tank after 6 weeks being fallow due to velvet. Is 6 weeks enough time? I have a lot of corals so the lights have had to be on all day so I am not sure if this prolongs the lifecycle of velvet. Should I wait 8 weeks? I just feel like 6 weeks isn't long enough, however, I am dying to get these fish back in because the copods are taking over. Some of the corals are being bothered by the copods. They're everywhere!

Avast

KING KONG

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
y'all,

I am a little hesitant to put the fish back into the main tank after 6 weeks being fallow due to velvet. Is 6 weeks enough time? I have a lot of corals so the lights have had to be on all day so I am not sure if this prolongs the lifecycle of velvet. Should I wait 8 weeks? I just feel like 6 weeks isn't long enough, however, I am dying to get these fish back in because the copods are taking over. Some of the corals are being bothered by the copods. They're everywhere!
You should go for 76 days to wipe out everything then, add a cheap fish to see if it's over then add your fishes

BRS
OP
OP
fishgirljockey

fishgirljockey

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should go for 76 days to wipe out everything then, add a cheap fish to see if it's over then add your fishes
I was thinking of doing the black Molly and try that. I am just worried if it isn't ready and the Molly falls ill, then ill have to restart the fallow period right?

OP
OP
fishgirljockey

fishgirljockey

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't worry about them
okay! I just worry about some of the corals because a lot of them are being bothered by the copods. Some corals are closed up due to the copods running all over them. The fish are going to have such a field day when they get put back in! Especially the flame angel; she loves copods. A lot of people mistake angels for picking at coral, but they aren't. They love copods. They are a lot like mandarins. So, you'll see her picking around the corals, at the base of the corals, but never at the actual coral. I cannnttt waitttttt. December 6 is when I took all the fish out of the tank.

KING KONG

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking of doing the black Molly and try that. I am just worried if it isn't ready and the Molly falls ill, then ill have to restart the fallow period right?
76 days is the max period and it is very rare that velvet survives that min is 6 weeks

World Wide Corals
OP
OP
fishgirljockey

fishgirljockey

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
76 days is the max period and it is very rare that velvet survives that min is 6 weeks
I’m just worried to do the Molly route and if the Molly gets sick then that means I have to start the fallow period over again right? I think I’m going to wait 8 weeks. I’m traumatized by this awful parasite. I went through hell and back trying to keep fish and coral. My Flame Angel, Ruby, got it the worse. She almost died about 20 times. Spent endless nights not sleeping due to having to poke her to keep her moving cause she would sink to the bottom on her side or she would go upside down. She then got a secondary infection and lost most of her back top dorsal fin and the bottom fin and a huge chunk of her back fin. She lost a lot of weight as well. However, SHE MADE IT. Her fins have almost grown back fully. Just a bit more left and I’m still working on trying to put some weight on her. She’s doing so well right now. I would hate to put her in and something happen. So, I think I will do the 8 weeks to play it safe!!!

AquaCave Logo Banner
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Champion Lighting & Supply
Back