Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone else have trouble getting these to stay attached to the end of their loc-line? Seems the fit is very loose and I keep finding mine in the bottom of the tank. I have had them for a few years actually and it has always been a minor problem that would diminish as biofilm would accumulate. Now I find myself wanting to dial up my return pump a notch and they just can't handle the increased flow.
Does anyone know a workaround? Teflon tape?
(I complained to BRS and was told they are "wearing out" - seems ridiculous for a plastic item with no moving parts. They should snap on tightly and last as long as any loc-line component.)

Nutramar Foods

DMG Reef

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may have gotten a defective set. Mine are 4 years old and still as tight as they were on day 1. I clean them with citric acid and have never had them come apart from the flow. I think BRS is blowing smoke.

CLICK TO VIEW

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with the others, you may have a knock off loc-line. I have both versions, the new flex and the originals, both have a very good fit with no intention of falling off. You may want to shoot @Vivid Creative Aquatics a message and see what he recommends.

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone else have trouble getting these to stay attached to the end of their loc-line? Seems the fit is very loose and I keep finding mine in the bottom of the tank. I have had them for a few years actually and it has always been a minor problem that would diminish as biofilm would accumulate. Now I find myself wanting to dial up my return pump a notch and they just can't handle the increased flow.
Does anyone know a workaround? Teflon tape?
(I complained to BRS and was told they are "wearing out" - seems ridiculous for a plastic item with no moving parts. They should snap on tightly and last as long as any loc-line component.)
HI John, if they have never fit properly, then as other have stated, its most likely not genuine Loc-Line brand hose. Snap-Loc brand is pretty common and comes on most Aquean and Marineland aquariums, and has the exact fit characteristics you describe - loosely fit, or almost fits, but falls off under pressure.

Either way, the new flex-Series RFG will solve that issue.

With that said, if you do have the OG Rigid model and have genuine Loc-Line but still have fitment issue, we will certainly take care of that for you - just send us a DM, or an email, or even give us a call (M-SF 8-5 MST) and we get you fixed right up.

Last edited:
AquaCave Logo Banner

fullinfusion

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Vivid Creative Aquatics

I had an issue with one of the rfg nozzles on my fluval tank. The owner took his time and explained everything to me and hooked me up with the new rfg nozzle that wasn't working properly. One of the better companies out there that actually stand up behind their products.
And never glue them to your lock line, those nozzles need to be put on properly and the way I do it is by facing their engraving pointing directly at the surface of the water so that the rear intakes behind the nozzle is flush with the surface of the water. It makes a huge difference setting them up that way in randomizing the flow.

AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Champion
Back