Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I am hoping to get some opinions from people that know more than I do. I would like to thank you in advance. For reading this. In giving me some help. Or advice? From your knowledge.
I have. That's 25 Watt. Sterilizer shown below by Pennetier Aquatics. And to hook it back up on my system. The parts will cost me around $150. And the size. Is. Or was and will be. Detrimental. To it being an easy job. Not saying it can't be done, but it'll be a pain in the *****. That being said. I have listed two UV sterilizers. Below. That are. Better prices? Especially. The 125 gallon. And size. They would be a lot easier to install on my system. Plus they have all the parts. And I wouldn't have to wait in order parts. You know what I mean, I hope.
I am setting up an artificial 80 gallon reef. With a sump. It will be fish only.
To me. The last one listed for 125 gallons. For $100 would be. The easiest. And most affordable one. For me. As money has got tight. But at the same time. I am not really sure. The Pentair Aquatics. If you look at the price new. Is like 400 and some dollars. Is it that much better and should I go with the parts? And the extra work involved. To put it on a fish only system. Any help ideas? Or advice? Would be greatly appreciated.
Phil
Smart UV Sterilizer 25 Watt - Pentair Aquatics

Coralife Turbo-Twist UV Fish Tank Sterilizer 6X, Up to 250 Gallons $143

Coralife Turbo-Twist UV Aquarium Fish Tank Sterilizer 3X, Up to 125 Gallons $100

Nutramar Foods
Nutramar Foods
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
Spdjnky

Spdjnky

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this one from Amazon. It works well, but if money is tight you can wait until you need one.

Yes thank you. Money is a little tight and I may have to wait a few weeks. But I don't want to wait too long. Because I remember talking to my local fish store owner. Few weeks ago. And he told me one thing. He said that they serviced a lot of aquariums. And the ones that have UV. Have the fewest amount of issues. And he wasn't trying to sell me. We were just talking. And as I said earlier. This is going to be an Artificial Reef Fish only Aquarium. I have a Reef Insert. that is being made right now by Creative Coral Design out of Florida.
I am running. Our Red Sea ReefMat 500 that take the place of filter socks. And a Bashsea Bio-Reactor to replace the Refugium and a Bashsea Twisted Prtotein Skimmer for filtration. In the sump

Last edited:

mnl119

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those coralife uv's are junk. Btdt. Would rather run a jebao or sunsun first. At least I know what Im getting into with those.
I agree with this comment. I have had several coralife turbo twists over the years. They all leak after a few years as the epoxy breaks free from the quartz liner. I switched to Jebao and have never had a leak since.

OP
OP
Spdjnky

Spdjnky

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with this comment. I have had several coralife turbo twists over the years. They all leak after a few years as the epoxy breaks free from the quartz liner. I switched to Jebao and have never had a leak since.
I have gotten enough warnings. To stay away from them. And I will.

AquaCave Logo Banner
AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Ecotech Marine
Back