UV Sterilizer plump in manifold?

geko522

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased a UV sterilizer and wanted to know if I can pipe it from my return manifold? Where do I place the out put line of the uv sterilizer? I have two return pumps running independently and was going to put the output line close to the second return pump.

Bartanto

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased a UV sterilizer and wanted to know if I can pipe it from my return manifold? Where do I place the out put line of the uv sterilizer? I have two return pumps running independently and was going to put the output line close to the second return pump.
You can run it off of a manifold and you can run it back into the sump, BUT that is not as efficient as some other designs (sometimes by a lot) . Can you feed UV from return pump and plumb UV out to DT? You’ll want to match your flow rate through the unit with your intended use as appropriate for your specific unit.

OP
OP
geko522

geko522

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can run it off of a manifold and you can run it back into the sump, BUT that is not as efficient as some other designs (sometimes by a lot) . Can you feed UV from return pump and plumb UV out to DT? You’ll want to match your flow rate through the unit with your intended use as appropriate for your specific unit.
Thanks for the information, appreciate your help!

I think using a DC return pump might just be easier. I wouldn't know how to adjust the flow rate just using a ball valve. My plan was using the manifold for the input of the UV Sterilizer then plumb the output to the DT. How would I know what the flow rate is? I don't have a apex or hydro.

Bartanto

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the information, appreciate your help!

I think using a DC return pump might just be easier. I wouldn't know how to adjust the flow rate just using a ball valve. My plan was using the manifold for the input of the UV Sterilizer then plumb the output to the DT. How would I know what the flow rate is? I don't have an apex or hydro.
The good ol bucket test and stop watch!

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back