Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious if anyone runs a uv sterilizer in their quarantine tank? Clearly you turn it off if dosing some meds but if your specimens don't need dosing or you do not dose or my statement was wrong....does anyone run one in theirs? If so which one and why that one?

Corals.com

Geesus

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan to run a UV with mine.

As for which brand; Aqua Ultraviolet. From what I have seen they are well respected and liked by the community. Not very expensive and have a selection that I can find maybe a small one to test on a tank and see if I like them or not.

I know that wasn't the professional response you were looking for but, also as a new member, thought I'd share what I found so far. ;)

~ Gee

Miami Reef

I’m the problem, it’s me
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m a big believer in them for quarantine. I personally use diatom filters in QT because they remove everything as small as bacteria, but won’t remove medications. I believe UV and diatom filter help prevent bacterial infections.

OP
OP
NeedAReef

NeedAReef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan to run a UV with mine.

As for which brand; Aqua Ultraviolet. From what I have seen they are well respected and liked by the community. Not very expensive and have a selection that I can find maybe a small one to test on a tank and see if I like them or not.

I know that wasn't the professional response you were looking for but, also as a new member, thought I'd share what I found so far. ;)

~ Gee
thanks and I value all opinions. The beauty in the hobby is there are many styles and a wide variety of tastes, I try to learn something from everyone and pass along what I learn when I can.

OP
OP
NeedAReef

NeedAReef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m a big believer in them for quarantine. I personally use diatom filters in QT because they remove everything as small as bacteria, but won’t remove medications. I believe UV and diatom filter help prevent bacterial infections.
a diatom filter? I have heard of this in a pool sense, but not in a reef sense, could you point out one perhaps so i can better target my research please? thanks for the response.

Miami Reef

I’m the problem, it’s me
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a diatom filter? I have heard of this in a pool sense, but not in a reef sense, could you point out one perhaps so i can better target my research please? thanks for the response.
MarineLand Magnum Polishing Internal Canister Filter, For aquariums Up To 97 Gallons, 10.5 IN (ML90770-00)

Nutramar Foods
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Torch SALE
Back