Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
After watching videos and reading up a lot on the topic, I decided to take the plunge on a UV. Found a great deal on a Aqua Classic UV 57 Watt Series so I jumped on it. My tank is 155g quarter cylinder and I have a good sized sump as well as a separate fuge. I heard with an oversized UV and the proper flow rate I should be able to attack all of the things that UV can help with in my tank.

What I'm looking for advice on is placement, flow rates, separate pumps vs using the return in a closed loop, etc. I have a Cor20 as my return but I'm not opposed to using a separate pump if it makes things easier for me here.

My total volume is roughly 157g. Tank is 130.5g, Sump is 13.5 and Fuge is 13

Gregpetro

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From my past experience with uv a separate pump is the way to go just for ease of controlling flow rate. Usually the manufacturer has a recommended gph for the uv based on what your looking to do ie ich contol(would want slower flow) to algie management witch would be faster. I would contact the manufacturer. If it's really oversized I really don't think it matters tbh. Hope that helps.

AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Precise.Accurate.Reliable.ICP-OES by Reef Labs
Back