+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys

Im new to Apex and have an apex pro with the new liquid level sensor.

My 200g tank doesnt have a reservoir so I have a 20g holding tank 13 feet away. Which makes using an osmolator difficult. How can I program the apex to use the liquid level sensor and DOS as my auto top off?

Top Shelf Aquatics

OutColdCRNA

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have heard that the LLS doesn’t react fast enough to use as the ATO. What I mean is the the optical sensors shut off as soon as they sense the water level. I added an optical sensor to my apex and used the two FMM ports on the head unit for a high and low ATO sensor. Has worked flawlessly. The LLS would probably be better suited in the ATO holding container to tell how much you have left in the container.

OP
OP
C

contractorto

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And your
I have heard that the LLS doesn’t react fast enough to use as the ATO. What I mean is the the optical sensors shut off as soon as they sense the water level. I added an optical sensor to my apex and used the two FMM ports on the head unit for a high and low ATO sensor. Has worked flawlessly. The LLS would probably be better suited in the ATO holding container to tell how much you have left in the container.
and your using dos to pump the water?

Nutramar Foods

OutColdCRNA

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m currently using the pmup to pump water. But after I read your post again it makes sense what you are trying to do. The pmup is a super strong little pump but my reservoir is in the stand. So is your dos near the tank or where your holding tank is? And you have run a line from the dos to the tank?

Nutramar Foods
Neptune

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
SaltwaterAquarium.com
Back