Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, about to take delivery of an Abyzz A200 return pump - Reading through the spec, I see the pump has configurable pulse modes - obviously ideal in a closed loop but, anyone use any form of pulse flow on their return pump? Guessing I would need to find a rate and interval that keeps the overall tank and sump levels near constant but if I can find the sweet-spot, any reason not to do this?

Top Shelf Aquatics

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be concerned with things like.

my ato, if of the waning part of the Pulse how do you stop the ato from filling the missing volume in freshwater?

Skimmer, if water level in the sump varied too much there would be periods of no skimming or over skimming.

Time intervals of the pulses and heater. May cause the heater to turn off and on more often, shortening its life span.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got the a200 as well, you’ll love it, it’s totally silent.

I agree with Gareth, I think it would be virtually impossible to keep the correct flow through the sump and balance water flow through your down pipes, avoiding constant ’alarming’ gurgling noises.

You could always try it, but I think those modes are for closed loops systems and I know of at least one of the ‘tank masters’ who does this with 2 a200’s from memory.

If you want to vary flow in the tank you would be better with something like Vortech’s or similar In the display.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
psumms

psumms

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think Gareths right, stable levels in the sump would be a challenge. My MP40's do a pretty good job so not a must.

@SPR1968, do you happen to have the controller adaptor? I've ordered that also, I see it comes with the serial cable to connect to the A200 controller but do you know if it includes the 0-10v cable to my Apex? I've been looking at these in case not, but there are several versions!

AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Tampa Bay Saltwater Live Rock and Live Sand
Back