Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most algae reactors are for low pressure, slow univeral flow.

For Biopellets you want all the water forced to the bottom to fluidize the pellets. It's usually under higher pressure because you're pushing more flow thru it to keep things tumbling.

Now I'm talking about a big reactor for a 250g+ tank. If this is for a small tank and you're talking about a lil 4"x12" reactor then it probably doesn't make a difference as long as you can force the water to the very bottom.

Dave B

OP
OP
Daveb300

Daveb300

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most algae reactors are for low pressure, slow univeral flow.

For Biopellets you want all the water forced to the bottom to fluidize the pellets. It's usually under higher pressure because you're pushing more flow thru it to keep things tumbling.

Now I'm talking about a big reactor for a 250g+ tank. If this is for a small tank and you're talking about a lil 4"x12" reactor then it probably doesn't make a difference as long as you can force the water to the very bottom.

Dave B
It is the biggest algae reactor reef octopus makes. My tank is 300g. The last few times I have ordered macro algae Algae barn has had problems getting to me alive. The algae reactor seems to have a lot of flow with a decent pump. I thought maybe I could just stuff it full of biopellet and forget about the Algae since most of it has been dead when I receive it.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

NicerReefs. Your Reef. But Nicer.
Back