+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone,

So im moving from my reefer 250 to a waterbox frag 105 soon. I will not move my rocks because im starting with Marco Rock and i will cycle the thank. I have a around 8 coral frags i want to move but i have a isseu. The reefer 250 which is like a year old got a huge vermited snail infestation. I have like 10 bumble bee snails in it but they don't seem able to controll it. What is the best way to move the corals over without bringing the vermetid snail aswel?

Edit: So i know i can crush them from the plugs but im afraid one or to might get through. Especially on zoa frags etc. And what about the eggs?

Last edited:
Top Shelf Aquatics

Enderg60

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Remove as much exposed rock as possible. If you cant cut your corals off the rocks then you need to scrub the exposed rock. I like using a wire brush to make sure I shave off the outer layer. Then a peroxide dip and you should be good. For good measure Id glue the corals into the new tank trying to cover as much old rock as possible.

OP
OP
Aqau_Dude

Aqau_Dude

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Remove as much exposed rock as possible. If you cant cut your corals off the rocks then you need to scrub the exposed rock. I like using a wire brush to make sure I shave off the outer layer. Then a peroxide dip and you should be good. For good measure Id glue the corals into the new tank trying to cover as much old rock as possible.
Thank you thats a really good tip.

Nutramar Foods
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

WWW.ANIMATEDCORALS.COM
Back