Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay guys, it’s me again asking for opinions! I was thinking, since Im upgrading the lights for my 55g tank, I would like to upgrade the filter also. I am looking for HOB, I do not want a sump since its going to be taking to much space I believe. Any good recommendations? This is the one I have right now and it works perfectly, but I would like something better now that the tank is almost done with the cycling process. Also, A good small skimmer? Something that doesn’t take too much space! Thank you!❤️

image.jpg

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay guys, it’s me again asking for opinions! I was thinking, since Im upgrading the lights for my 55g tank, I would like to upgrade the filter also. I am looking for HOB, I do not want a sump since its going to be taking to much space I believe. Any good recommendations? This is the one I have right now and it works perfectly, but I would like something better now that the tank is almost done with the cycling process. Also, A good small skimmer? Something that doesn’t take too much space! Thank you!❤

View attachment 1305077
I have always had good luck with the Marineland HOB filters. You can get them in various sizes with a lot of different configuration options. Unfortuantely I don't have any experience with HOB skimmers but I am sure somebody else will chime in :)

OP
OP
Eve

Eve

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have always had good luck with the Marineland HOB filters. You can get them in various sizes with a lot of different configuration options. Unfortuantely I don't have any experience with HOB skimmers but I am sure somebody else will chime in :)
Okay yes, I saw those Marineland ones, they have pretty good reviews!

Quietman

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use an AquaClear on my QT. Has large area for media that gives you options. I'd go oversize with the 110. Not the prettiest HOB though, but very functional.

No experience with HOB skimmers here either, but the AquaMaxx 1.5 has stellar reviews for the price and I considered it (and the Tunze9012 DC - love the Tunze products) when planning on different no sump design system.

AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Torch SALE
Back