Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been QT the six line wrasse in copper 2.5ppm for an about a week. Yesterday I noticed there was some small mucus on its body that was hardly visible and some white stuff at its end of its fin. Today I just found out that the fish was dead. I need to try to identify the disease because I have some clown fish in my quarantine tank. The clown fish has no symptoms and looks great.

IMG_2210.jpeg IMG_2211.jpeg IMG_2212.jpeg

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We can't really see anything on a dead fish out of water. One trick you can try - put the dead fish in a FW bath for 10 minutes, then look at the bottom of the container for dead flukes (some are small and you'll need a magnifying glass or a microscope). The fish needs to be pretty fresh though - a few hours dead and any flukes will have dropped off.

Jay

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Agree, even if alive is difficult to assess out of water. Anything derived is purely a guess and difficult to determine

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
B

BMDinh

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We can't really see anything on a dead fish out of water. One trick you can try - put the dead fish in a FW bath for 10 minutes, then look at the bottom of the container for dead flukes (some are small and you'll need a magnifying glass or a microscope). The fish needs to be pretty fresh though - a few hours dead and any flukes will have dropped off.

Jay
thanks for the tip. I already flushed down the fish because it was dead so there’s nothing I could do.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Tunze
Back