Review score
+7 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+7 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm currently using an Ultra Reef UKS-160 Skimmer and I'm researching ozone. I asked the manufacturer if it is rated for ozone and they state that it is not and to essentially use at your own risk.

I understand that Cast vs Extruded Acrylic makes a large difference but I'm uncertain how to tell the difference. Is anyone using Ultra Reef skimmers with ozone?

The skimmer itself is so beefy, I can't believe it's not rated for ozone. I'm wondering if it could be as simple as switching out some small components, hoses, etc.

UKS-160 Skimmer.jpg

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
OP
OP
trevorhiller

trevorhiller

Reef
Review score
+7 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+7 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm using my Nyos Quantum with ozone, but I'm not sure what the differences in manufacture may be.
Yeah I believe Nyos is ozone rated. I really like the ultra reef skimmer and would like to keep it because it’s so nice. I’m hoping someone has some experience using ozone with it or converting it to ozone safe.

World Wide Corals

blaxsun

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I believe Nyos is ozone rated. I really like the ultra reef skimmer and would like to keep it because it’s so nice. I’m hoping someone has some experience using ozone with it or converting it to ozone safe.
On my Nyos I replaced the nylon screw with a titanium one as that will deteriorate over time.

YOYOYOReefer

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its not about being beefy,,, ozone will basically destroy some plastics ...ozonizer i have to replace the output plastic connection for the hose every few years. it becomes brittle.

recommend using a secondary cheap old skimmer as the ozone reactor.

Top Shelf Aquatics
AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Torch SALE
Back