Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well some of my zoas where not looking so good so i decide to pull them and see if there was anything on them. Did a freshwater dip and out pops Zoa Eating spiders. So i spend the rest of the night dipping every zoa i can get out. Not only did i find more spiders i found at least 50 Nudis .

People who i have sent stuff to please pull your frags and dip them asap. I am not sure how long i have had them but can say in the last month is when i started to notice some difference.

Is there any treatment for the whole tank? I am now looking for something that will eat them.
The new frags from Marvin were clean. I wonder how long it takes for the spiders to find them.

Chirs i will send you a PM.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Raptor

Angel Of Death
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats a bummer, Do you have a coris wrasse, or a sixline? I have both for just such an emergency.
They pick over everything. Thats why i dont keep other wrasses because they will beat the crap out of em which is a bummer, But they do keep my tank clean of pods,small bristols,FW, and almost any criter that moves except cleaner shrimp.

Top Shelf Aquatics

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yikes... I'm sorry to hear about your mishap Bob.. I confident that you'll beat this..

I would recommend setting up a QT if you can.. keep it BB w/ just couple of pieces of LR with decent flow... that'll give you the chance to see any nudis crawling on the glass.. they like to come out at night so you can easity siphon them.. if you can't do a QT, I would just recommend dipping what you can every couple of days..

good luck buddy and keep us posted...

da6d2003

Definately OCD
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, sorry to hear that too. Marvin and Creetin both have great advice. I've got twin coris wrasses in my zoo tank and they are the bomb.(cute too) I'm sure you'll get em. Good luck.

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
rocko918

rocko918

I wanna be a rock star
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks guys, I am setting up a 12 gallon q-tank, it won't hold them all but i should get alot of them in there. I am picking up the wrasse today as well so will add him to the q-tank for a while.

With a little tlc i should be good to go.

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks guys, I am setting up a 12 gallon q-tank, it won't hold them all but i should get alot of them in there. I am picking up the wrasse today as well so will add him to the q-tank for a while.

With a little tlc i should be good to go.

that's the right attitude.. :D

OP
OP
rocko918

rocko918

I wanna be a rock star
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:

I did a FW dip on all the frags. Wow, lots of stuff came off them. After that I let them sit for a day then I dip them in Lugols. 90% of them have opened back up after 2 days and the ones that looked like crap because someone was on them are fully open as well.

On a side note, I am pretty sure I have had these for a long while. I am also pretty positive that most of us have them and just don't know it. Kinda like Ich, everyone has it, most of our fish are happy and healthy so you never see it. I did add a wrasse this weekend to help control it. I will make sure I do a dip before I add any new zoas.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:

I did a FW dip on all the frags. Wow, lots of stuff came off them. After that I let them sit for a day then I dip them in Lugols. 90% of them have opened back up after 2 days and the ones that looked like crap because someone was on them are fully open as well.

On a side note, I am pretty sure I have had these for a long while. I am also pretty positive that most of us have them and just don't know it. Kinda like Ich, everyone has it, most of our fish are happy and healthy so you never see it. I did add a wrasse this weekend to help control it. I will make sure I do a dip before I add any new zoas.

cool.. I'm glad to know that you're winning the battle... I hope the wrasse you added will eat the left overs..

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Bulk Reef Supply
Back