• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

For sale Two Spot Bristletooth Tang

Sold
$60.00
Status
This item has been sold and is no longer available!

Ad details

Shipping
Pick Up Only
Looking to rehome my two-spot bristletooth tang (Ctenochaetus binotatus). He’s fat and healthy, my 4’x2’ tank just isn’t big enough for 2 tangs, because he and my small yellow tang have been stressing each other out for the entire month I’ve had the yellow tang. I was able to get my bristletooth out with a fish trap yesterday, so he’s residing in my QT tank now. Eats like a pig…he eats everything, but goes especially crazy for sheets of dried nori. Located in Monona (right next to Madison). PM me for more info.

tundraguy1106

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try taping a mirror to the front glass. I have a purple, a mimic and a Kole tang all in my 120 gallon 4x2x2 tank. The more aggressive fish will usually chase its reflection for 3 days and then the aggression goes away. If you’re really looking to sell it then good luck with the sale.

OP
OP
adittam

adittam

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try taping a mirror to the front glass. I have a purple, a mimic and a Kole tang all in my 120 gallon 4x2x2 tank. The more aggressive fish will usually chase its reflection for 3 days and then the aggression goes away. If you’re really looking to sell it then good luck with the sale.

Yeah, I think I could make it work if I really wanted to, but if I can find him a better home, I'm going to.

tundraguy1106

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I think I could make it work if I really wanted to, but if I can find him a better home, I'm going to.
My Kole tang is the nasty one. Just pulling the fish from the main tank for a few days and reintroducing them with the mirror trick could help too. Anyways goodluck either way. Beautiful fish.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

NY
Back