Turbo Twist 6X UltraViolet Sterilizer 18W (250 gal) - Coralife Flow Rate for 90 G

BRS

jaychoudhary

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am planning to buy Turbo Twist 6X UltraViolet Sterilizer 18W (250 gal) for 90 Gallon Tank

Need advice on DC pump I can go with, and flow rate should be for algae control ? Please see picture from manual.

1682799135867.png

Nutramar Foods

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I am planning to buy Turbo Twist 6X UltraViolet Sterilizer 18W (250 gal) for 90 Gallon Tank

Need advice on DC pump I can go with, and flow rate should be for algae control ? Please see picture from manual.

View attachment 3129247

Take a look at aquaUV AND lifeguard
These are low end models and not the best choice

Lbrdsoxfan

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take a look at aquaUV AND lifeguard
These are low end models and not the best choice
This. The coralife is junk. I'd use a jeabo or some other chinese brand UV
first before the coralife.

Top Shelf Aquatics

mnl119

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

View attachment 3129247

Well, the chart indicates you are shooting for 240 gph. You'll never really know your flow rate without a flow meter because of back-pressure that is almost impossible to estimate. You might be in a "trial and error" situation otherwise.

I second the comments about coral life UV sterilizers. I've had 3-4 and they all leak after a few years. Unlike others, I've had good luck with jebao though.

TheDuude

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, the chart indicates you are shooting for 240 gph. You'll never really know your flow rate without a flow meter because of back-pressure that is almost impossible to estimate. You might be in a "trial and error" situation otherwise.

I second the comments about coral life UV sterilizers. I've had 3-4 and they all leak after a few years. Unlike others, I've had good luck with jebao though.
Take your jebao apart and wipe out the inside. My plastic housing was disintegrating from inside

Top Shelf Aquatics

mnl119

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take your jebao apart and wipe out the inside. My plastic housing was disintegrating from inside
I've taken a couple apart and noticed some loose black gunk on the inside, but nothing major. The sleeve was clear enough, and it didn't leak after ~5 years, which I considered a success. They didn't have any epoxies which is what the Coralife used to seal the quartz tube and hold it in place. Always the failure point with those.

Lbrdsoxfan

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've taken a couple apart and noticed some loose black gunk on the inside, but nothing major. The sleeve was clear enough, and it didn't leak after ~5 years, which I considered a success. They didn't have any epoxies which is what the Coralife used to seal the quartz tube and hold it in place. Always the failure point with those.
That was me with the coralife. Got 2.5 years in and the epoxy seam near the hose input/output gave way. Luckily I had a water detector in the stand. It shut off the return pump right away and only a gallon or two hit the floor.

CLICK TO VIEW
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Biota Marine Life
Back