+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone identify these eggs?

my biggest guess is that they are my turbo snails, the other snails I have in the tank are Nerite and Cerith but I don’t think they are those because of the size of the eggs.

unless they are not eggs at all lol

6AC074BB-7F11-4E3E-873B-693B681055B2.jpeg

BRS
Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

WheatToast

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone identify these eggs?

my biggest guess is that they are my turbo snails, the other snails I have in the tank are Nerite and Cerith but I don’t think they are those because of the size of the eggs.

unless they are not eggs at all lol

View attachment 2926368
Looks like Nerite snail eggs. Cerith snails lay their eggs in long chains.
They look like nerite snail eggs. Turbo snail eggs have more a pattern. View attachment 2926378
Not Turbo eggs; they spawn directly into the water column. These are Nassarius snail eggs.

OP
OP
Ladybones

Ladybones

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are probably Nerite eggs - some Nerite species' eggs can get up to 4.5mm in diameter.
That makes sense, the Nerites like that area, I originally ruled out Nerites because I thought they layed eggs like the Freshwater Nerites do and were really small eggs. Now do I have to worry about them hatching?

Top Shelf Aquatics

ISpeakForTheSeas

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That makes sense, the Nerites like that area, I originally ruled out Nerites because I thought they layed eggs like the Freshwater Nerites do and were really small eggs. Now do I have to worry about them hatching?
Probably not. I'm not familiar with too many Nerite species, but a fair number of them (I would assume most, but I only know a few for certain) go through a pelagic veliger phase. This means that they will be preyed on by basically everything in the tank, removed by skimmers, pureed by powerheads, etc. - so they'll be eaten or killed and likely won't have any survivors.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Torch SALE
Back