Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I am soliciting opinions On an ATO.

I have a 32 Gal AIO. My current ATO—is me. However, I would be more than happy to automate this little chore, as I do travel a bit And I don’t want to push it off on the wife when I’m gone. So far, the leading contender is the Tunze Osmolator Nano 3152. It seems to have decent reviews and the price isn’t too awful.

anyone with experience with this model, please let me know your thoughts.

Many thanks

Para

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

MarineandReef Jaron

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one on my desk tank and it works great. The only complaint I have is that the float is a bit bigger than some of the ATOs with an electronic sensor, but it has been 100% reliable for over 4 years. There is also another one on another office tank I don't maintain that has worked great.

bushdoc

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same.
I have both models and among others I owned they were so far most reliable. Pump is a bit noisy, but that’s minor drawback.
I would put ATO on timer, on/ of several times during the dy, so it resets itself .Be sure to adjust jumper for size of your tank.

EricR

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been running the Tunze Osmolator Nano on a 40 gallon tank for about 1.5 years.
It's been reliable for me in that time.
*I could nitpick some features/options I'd wish for but for the price I think it's worth it

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are issues with the Nano ATO.
1) First it has a fail safe, run too long it shuts off.
Problem you notice that your ATO container is near empty, you replace it, and go on vacation.
Since it failed do too excess run time it will not comeback on, so you comeback from a weeks vacation and viola you got problems.

2) Your pump gets air in it because you using water containers instead of a dedicated ATO container that you pour into. The pump gets a air bubble, the pump does not pump any water and the unit times out.
You fix the air bubble but not reset the unit, still does not work (time out). How do you reset, pull wire from little box and re plug it in.

3) The magnet can be too strong it will pull the float this will cause the float to fail, I put a piece of cardboard in-between.

4) Ask me how I know all of this? Fun times.

OP
OP
paragrouper

paragrouper

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are issues with the Nano ATO.
1) First it has a fail safe, run too long it shuts off.
Problem you notice that your ATO container is near empty, you replace it, and go on vacation.
Since it failed do too excess run time it will not comeback on, so you comeback from a weeks vacation and viola you got problems.

2) Your pump gets air in it because you using water containers instead of a dedicated ATO container that you pour into. The pump gets a air bubble, the pump does not pump any water and the unit times out.
You fix the air bubble but not reset the unit, still does not work (time out). How do you reset, pull wire from little box and re plug it in.

3) The magnet can be too strong it will pull the float this will cause the float to fail, I put a piece of cardboard in-between.

4) Ask me how I know all of this? Fun times.
Thanks. This is most helpful

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^^^^ Play around with it, I re do the test every time to make sure it is ready to go.
I always make sure that the pump starts pumps water again every time I add more water. (Runs Drive)

To get he air bubble out of the pump I raise up the pump up and down to try to clear a air bubble.

AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Aqua SD
Back