Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased the osmolator 3155 about a year and a half ago and it’s worked out pretty well. The pump has always been a little noisy for my living room, but it’s not on often, so no biggie.

I haven’t made any changes or don’t any major maintenance in the last few weeks (just routine water changes), but out of nowhere the metering pump is no longer turning on.

I verified that the sensors were functioning properly and the controller “pump on” yellow light is turning on when the level is low, but the pump doesn’t actually turn on. No noise, no humm, no liquid, no nothing.

I tried unplugging it, waiting, and plugging back in, nothing different. Even durning normal start up cycle the pump on light turns on to prime the pump (normal operation since I’ve had it), but the pump doesn’t turn on.

I removed the back plate of the control box and verified the connection of wires was Ok. Even busted out my multimeter to verify there was voltage at the connector, which there was when the pump on light was on (I think even a low voltage when it was off but plugged in).

In an attempt to eliminate potential failure points
I also verified the voltage at the wire connection point. The wires going from the mid line connector to the pump looked like there was some build up, maybe from high salt air? I cut/stripped a bit of wire to expose new wire and reconnected, still same issue. Even replaced the connectors but still nada.

Any ideas?
Time for a new pump?

Attachments

• IMG_2833.MOV
    27.7 MB
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased the osmolator 3155 about a year and a half ago and it’s worked out pretty well. The pump has always been a little noisy for my living room, but it’s not on often, so no biggie.

I haven’t made any changes or don’t any major maintenance in the last few weeks (just routine water changes), but out of nowhere the metering pump is no longer turning on.

I verified that the sensors were functioning properly and the controller “pump on” yellow light is turning on when the level is low, but the pump doesn’t actually turn on. No noise, no humm, no liquid, no nothing.

I tried unplugging it, waiting, and plugging back in, nothing different. Even durning normal start up cycle the pump on light turns on to prime the pump (normal operation since I’ve had it), but the pump doesn’t turn on.

I removed the back plate of the control box and verified the connection of wires was Ok. Even busted out my multimeter to verify there was voltage at the connector, which there was when the pump on light was on (I think even a low voltage when it was off but plugged in).

In an attempt to eliminate potential failure points
I also verified the voltage at the wire connection point. The wires going from the mid line connector to the pump looked like there was some build up, maybe from high salt air? I cut/stripped a bit of wire to expose new wire and reconnected, still same issue. Even replaced the connectors but still nada.

Any ideas?
Time for a new pump?
It sounds like a bad pump, I keep a new spare one, they are not to expensive, but not always in stock

AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Ultimate Corals
Back