Tunze 9004 DC issue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

gregrock68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had my tunze 9004 DC unit on my tank for weeks now and still not skimming, and I think something is not right with it. Maybe someone can help guide me

If I install the skimmer to the watermark on the back of the skimmer it will not generate any foam/ oxygenated water inside of the unit. It's as though the unit drowns and fills up with water then it will not produce any oxygenated water inside. Conversely, I lift the unit above the tunze water level line approximately 1 " (or more) above starts to produce oxygenated water inside of it, but the unit is very high out of the water. Certainly seems like something is not right, the air hose is fine, the unit is new but it seems like something is off internally? I've attached some pictures showing the tons of unit set at the recommended water level with a drowning in water and with it producing the oxygenated water with it lifted at least one inch above the water line. Appreciate any guidance on this

20240918_212214.jpg 20240918_212041.jpg 20240918_212034.jpg 20240918_211829.jpg

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The mark on the back is irrelevant, this body is also used for the filters 3162 and 3163 and that is what this mark is for when a 3155 optic sensor is installed in the back slot. The intake grate must be at a minimum 1/4 submerged and at a maximum 1/2 submerged. The optimal is about 1/3rd. Does it produce bubbles when submerged to this depth? It is relatively common that in shipping the air intake detaches from the pump, it will have to be reconnected if this is the case, in the shallow submersion you show it has access to atmospheric air so it can bypass the normal intake tube and get air.

OP
OP
G

gregrock68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The mark on the back is irrelevant, this body is also used for the filters 3162 and 3163 and that is what this mark is for when a 3155 optic sensor is installed in the back slot. The intake grate must be at a minimum 1/4 submerged and at a maximum 1/2 submerged. The optimal is about 1/3rd. Does it produce bubbles when submerged to this depth? It is relatively common that in shipping the air intake detaches from the pump, it will have to be reconnected if this is the case, in the shallow submersion you show it has access to atmospheric air so it can bypass the normal intake tube and get air.

The impeller cover was displaced, working great now! Thank you and thank you for sharing the video! @rvitko

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back