Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any idea what these tube things are on the base of my Duncan?

9AEAD01D-6738-4F43-A4A1-B97F2A49734C.jpeg

AquaCave Logo Banner

nano reef

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along because I have those too! I watched a youtube last night about tank pest and I think they might be vermatid snail or something and there burrowed in the coral! Dont want to speak out of turn because I watched the video basically about algae so I idint pay that much attention to that part and I just noticed one on my og shroom!
Could be very very wrong and hope I am! Maybe some fellow reefers will enlighten us!

AquaCave Logo Banner

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along because I have those too! I watched a youtube last night about tank pest and I think they might be vermatid snail or something and there burrowed in the coral! Dont want to speak out of turn because I watched the video basically about algae so I idint pay that much attention to that part and I just noticed one on my og shroom!
Could be very very wrong and hope I am! Maybe some fellow reefers will enlighten us!
Sponges will be soft while vermetid shells/tubes are hard. Vermetid shells won't move or retract but sponges will sometimes deflate when disturbed.
Fwiw, mushrooms will move if they are being irritated by something, and I don't think either a vermetid nor a sponge would grow on a mushroom...

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Southwest Aquaculture - a coral lover's dream!
Back