+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello

i have a tube anemone that I’ve had for about 2 months, but it has been growing some sort of hair algae on its tube. The algae was there when I bought it from LFS. Anyone know what this is?

I have pulled it out of the tank and put it in a bowl and tried to pull off as much algae I can with tweezers. It kinda helps, but the algae grows back within a week so its almost not worth it. I try to grab the “root” of the algae but maybe Im doing this wrong. Not to mention the stress im putting it through.

this algae has now popped up on my goni coral now and is completely taking it over. Pics below.

any tips? This stuff is horrible. I will post this in the algae forum as well but wanted to see if any anemone guys have experienced this on a tube anemone.

885BC50C-2EBD-44F4-A3EA-1FC8732D63D3.jpeg EEDFAE13-C464-4E2B-9162-976168C14F06.jpeg

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like green hair algae. I'm surprised you didn't have it before introducing the tube. Your rock looks brand stinking new. How old is the tank?

Unfortunately... It's in there now . Easy way to kill it off the tube nem is to fully bury the tube in the sand as it should be. Cover the hole 1/2". The animal will do the rest.

This is now just a general algae removal question.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back