Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, decided to invest in a PAR meter for my Red Sea 525XL that I set up almost 2 years ago. Seems to be doing well overall but was always curious on my lighting settings.

My tank is a 525XL with a ClearView Tsunami cover with the full cover inserts for the center netting to keep evaporation down. The lighting is a Reefbreeders Photon V2 48" using the mount arms that space it 8" over the aquarium. Tank is mostly softie corals with a couple of SPS thrown in.

The readings are below, with the lower tank readings being at the front by the glass and the middle readings taken near the corals themselves and spaced forward and rearward throughout the tank. The upper 350 readings were taken about 4" below the water surface in the middle of the tank, and the top readings are taken on top of the Clear View cover under each section of the LED light segments in the middle. I found it interesting that the one side of the light fixture was much higher readings than the other side (measured it several times to be sure) but the light readings inside the tank at the 4" level seem to be equal... no idea on that.

Not sure what readings are recommended for this kind of tank but open to feedback... I did notice the sensor is very sensitive to angle towards the light source when taking measurements though! LOL

1677196975693.jpeg

*** Red is the same level as Green on the above
1677197068625.jpeg

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Your Reef
Back